Typing Glitch in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get straight to the problem at hand. My almost brand new laptop has recently been having issues when it comes to typing. I use forums a lot and recently...At random times while typing, the letters I type go somewhere else....(I.E, I'm typing this question and all of a sudden, I'm typing in the address bar. Or, it acts like i clicked on my browser's title bar and it starts using the letters I type as shortcut keys for the browser) It's really quite frustrating. It's like my computer has ADHD! It can't focus on one field for any period of time! It's not systematic, meaning it happens at random intervals. I've had this happen on my desktop computer before, but it wasn't quite this bad...Is this a known glitch?

Things I thought might be wrong:

- Perhaps a background process activates, drawing the attention of the GUI away from the current task.
- A malicious code (Though not very likely. My computer is quite clean. Avast! Antivirus Pro + Adaware + Sygate Personal Firewall Pro)

Please help ASAP! I need this fixed!!!!

Could it be that you are just hitting the TAB or ALT key by accident? Laptop keyboards usually take some time to get used to..

Also, you may be operating the touchpad with your wrist, causing unwanted mouse movement and clicks. First thing I do on every laptop is disabling the touchpad completely or at least turn off the tap-to-click (or should I say touch-to-click?) feature.

Hey Nodsu, is that possible? would it happen on his desktop too?anyway i personally think of two things;
1: Corrupt system files.
2: A malicious code.
i have had that before and all i did was
1: I went to the command prompt and did a repair of my system files.
(cd\ then Enter then
c:\> sfc /scannow
it will bring a new window and it will ask to insert an original windows xp cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back