U.S. blamed for spying on French government with Flame malware

By Rick
Nov 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. According to The Telegram and sources close to French news outlet L'Express, politically-driven U.S. hackers were responsible for a cyberattack that occurred just days before French voters cast their ballots in April. Those sources claim hackers were able to infiltrate French...

Read more
  2. So it wasn't the US.... just hackers from the US.... titled to mislead.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,194   +445

Fictitious update: U.S. officials have addressed French accusations of U.S. government involvement with a unanimous response of "Whatch'ya gonna do about it?" The French government has declined further comment on the matter.
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Silly guest.
  5. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

Plausable-but-ficticious update: The French officials are convening to discuss the most appropriate way in which to surrender.
  6. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Its funny that they immediatly assume the US govt. is behind it with no proof. Why they dont suspect their own ppl amazes me. Its more likely that the opposition of the then political figure paid someone to install this worm. That makes more sense then the US getting involved.
  7. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,232   +119

François Hollande made this comment earlier today, directly aimed at the USA.

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

And now for the weather...
  8. Hehehe, it could be anyone, since flame and stux have been outed as US backed, then anyone who could "tame" it or re-engineer it could have got it on to he relevant systems, of course it could also have gotten there by mistake, but then it raises the question of getting from A to B?
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,773   +1,429

When it comes to government A wanting to know what government B is thinking, nothing will surprise me about talks of spying.
    avoidz likes this.
  10. Zilliak

Zilliak TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 233

Prove it was the US or right you can only speculate....lolz to the haterz

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.