TechSpot

Ubisoft follows EA's $10 Online Pass with 'Uplay Passport'

By Matthew
Jul 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Ubisoft has announced plans to ship its future games with a control scheme that will make it impossible for second-hand titles to access online content without paying a fee. Called…

Read the whole story
  2. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

U play, more like, U pay! Am I right?
  3. herpaderp

herpaderp TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

^ That was terrible. But yes.
  4. -1 for that one
  5. RaiDeR55

RaiDeR55 TS Rookie Posts: 45

More GREED!
  6. what make ubisoft so sure that its system there isnt hack proof. its still the same thing as "my 16 digit serial number was hack " thingy. there is always way for piracy lurk around the corner as to there will always be people hacking the new vista/ipod/ipad
    the only way for piracy to be totally die out is to not come out with an new product till there is 100% sure way that piracy cant be use in any way except for itself to give up

that or turn the economy back into the stone ages !
  7. Play Angry birds offline in chrome and iron - why should i ever buy a game again? Goodbye EA and ubisoft. Chrome OS and android will be the most advanced linux os with the latest high end games.
  8. stuff like this pisses me off ..

soon you wont be able to buy A used car .. with out Ford, Toyota, GMC gettn their cut.
  9. I read few articles about it already - and my question is.

How would they know? What is the difference between game in my friend hands and mine?
    There is only one solution I see here: Enormous restrictions on my laws (as a title "Owner").
    Or is there something else...
  10. This is the terrible thing about digitally delivered games. You bought the game, yet you don't enjoy the full benefits that ownership normally delivers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.