Ubisoft plans 10 games for Natal, 4-5 for PS3 Motion Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Just a few days after Microsoft said they would showcase Natal at Gamefest in February, a big-name publisher has stepped up to announce titles for the anticipated motion controller. Ubisoft has promised to release 10 Natal-friendly titles within six months of the accessory's debut. That could mean the games won't arrive until 2011, if Microsoft launches Natal in November of next year as rumored.

Ubisoft is working on at least four or five titles for the PS3 motion controller, as well. It isn't known if the titles will come from the same pool as the Xbox 360, but Ubisoft did indicate the games will primarily fall into the "casual" category. This suggests that they are unlikely to fit into the developer's larger franchises, such as Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed, and most of the titles will come from new property.

With at least fifteen motion-sensing games planned, Ubisoft has a lot of faith in the emerging technology. Will other developers follow suit?

Permalink to story.

let's hope these games aren't just derivatives of nintendos titles.
i'd like to se some creative ways of using motion capture.

Holy crap. Already? 10 whole titles? That's ridiculous! Consumers aren't even anywhere CLOSE to owning the materials necessary to support true 3D gaming. And they're already planning video games for 3D? I don't think those are going to sell quite as well as they're hoping.

That's what I like about Ubisoft, they always experiment with new stuff in order to achieve that special touch for their games... I remember the graphics from the last Prince of Persia, that was a big risk, and still they took it, unfortunately I heard sales weren't what they expected... I hope sales do get better for them with this project..

One thing is certain; I'm not ready for 3d just yet. I'm not even up to date on my hardware just yet. I'd like to have a core i7 or i9 system and a card from either the HD 5xxx series, or GTX 2xx series before I get ready for 3D. As it stands, I'm not even close to ready for one of these games.

I hope it's better than "You're in the Movies" - which wasn't a bad game. But it wasn't stellar, and the camera suffered from under light exposure.

@heretic @IvanAwfuliitch I don't think Natal means 3D. I think it is a camera sensing hand gestures without using the joystick or whatever you used to use.

@tonylukac Thats exacly what it is, its gonna replace the normal controls..further than wii can. Now if someone has a 3D hdtv then... use your imagination !

Seems a fair amount of you failed to read the article or failed to understand what natal is. It has nothing to do with 3D as a few of your are posting.. That being said, I am looking forward to the Sony Motion controllers more than natal, at least the Sony ones can give you exact control and more options than natal.

10 Games sure sounds like a lot for a system that is not even ready yet. I'd say lets wait what titles ubi is talking about. If they are going to fire out a cavalcade of mini game collections, then 10 games are probably too much...

hello ...

after reading some post here

Natal & SONY Sphere (magic wand) are the new motion controllers showcased in E3 2009 & later, the first one using a specialized camera to detect & reproduce movement in games for the Xbox360, while the second is a small wand like device used with the existing Playstation Eye (camera) to reproduce movement in games.

These are not for PC ;) but sure someday better things will happen this way!

Ubisoft is taking a risk, but i's good to follow technology, i just think such devices are just too early in gaming life. yet it would be better to consider a balanced support & release, for lately SONY's machine have proven it's capacity, not to say superiority to some's eyes as a gaming monster ... hey it only does ...huh!

Ubisoft must do a 5 / 5 then takes less risk & make sure giving best chances to both machines.

cheers!

Is the PS3 motion harder to program for or is the market with Sony less willing to deal with motion control? Making me wonder if I should be more interested in a PS3 down the road.

I dont think motion controls would work for me, I mean it's fun to play for some time with a nintendo wii, but I cannot see myself playing gears of war 3 or halo 4 with Natal, or imagine trying to play street fighter with that, you would end up hiting your pal unintencionally (yeah right) jaja, I think I prefer traditional controls

The games will be casual games, so lfg18 you don't have to worry about playing hardcore games that way. Probably Jayman Jiving Jabbits and the like.

difficult times for Sony are coming! I'm an owner of a ps3 but the natal project is just better looking...

Wow that is a lot of games already! It will be interesting to see how the motion games work on the PS3 and Xbox 360 compared to the Wii. I cannot wait to try them out!

10 NEW titels woah , the gaming industry is going nuts , how can consumers even think to buy so many games in 6 months =/ , for me thats insane because i buy a game every 2 - 3 years.Console industry is growing twoards quantity over quality.

You know you work in a really big company when you learn about your company's plans online... I work for Ubisoft, and I was only aware of one Natal projet. The other nine projects are probably being developed in other studios... :)

I've seen the Natal in XBox 360, its an impressive peace of technology. Motion sensors will be the future of gaming. This is most enjoyable because it involves a whole body human interaction and that really takes off people, like the WII had. If Microsoft can prove to invent REAL games using natal, then this would be quite a shown down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back