UK Recommends Gary Mckinnon Extradition to US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

A Briton who hacked into American defence networks and wiped out 300 PCs at a naval base faces trial in the US after being recommended for extradition by a British court.

Gary McKinnon, 40, of Wood Green, North London, whose attack was described by America as the biggest military hack of all time, said that he would contest the decision which must now be rubber-stamped by John Reid, the Home Secretary.
In a lengthy judgment, District Judge Evans rejected arguments including the possibility that Mr McKinnon could suffer prejudice at his trial because of his political opinions.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2174108,00.html

I know, I know. It's a UK newspaper, and everyone in the UK loves The Times! (not really). There's a little bias against mckinnon in the article, but this one has more detail than The Registers articl

Personally, I think he should be extradited.

He`s probably scared, because he knows if he does get extradited, the sentance he might receive could be quite lengthy to say the least, compared to any sentance he would receive in the UK, where I think we`re far to lenient.

At the end of the day, it`s his own stupid fault. If you can`t do the time, don`t commit the crime.

Regards Howard :)

i dont think he should be extradited. btw, i was watching the news, and there was an intersting clip where he says he didnt have to get past any security becuase the account he logged onto was without a password!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back