TechSpot

Uninstalling Emisoft

By circusboy01
Apr 14, 2013
  1. A while back I uninstalled my Avast free version, because I wanted to try the trial version of Emisoft. I decided I like Avast better so I uninstalled Emisoft, and reinstalled Avast. After Avast was installed I got a notice, in red font, that there was another Anti virus on my computer. I checked again in Programs and Features, Revo, and Geek, and there are no signs of Emisoft I went to local disk C and found Emisoft in Program files x86. When I tried to delete it I was told I couldn't without administrative permission. But I can't figure out how to run as an administrator.
    Usually when you open something the drop down box gives you a choice to run as administrator.
    the drop down box in x86 doesn't have that choice. How do I completely get rid of Emisoft,and when will I stop being a sucker for free trials. ;0) Thanks

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 52,747   +342

What is the exact name of Emisoft product? They have many of them.

3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 799   +16

I believe it was Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.21 30 day trial. I thought I got it from filehippo, but it's not in filehippo so I don't remember where I got it from.

4. Broni

5. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 799   +16

Thanks Broni. That got rid of it.

6. Broni