TechSpot

Uninstalling Emisoft

Resolved
By circusboy01
Apr 14, 2013
  1. A while back I uninstalled my Avast free version, because I wanted to try the trial version of Emisoft. I decided I like Avast better so I uninstalled Emisoft, and reinstalled Avast. After Avast was installed I got a notice, in red font, that there was another Anti virus on my computer. I checked again in Programs and Features, Revo, and Geek, and there are no signs of Emisoft I went to local disk C and found Emisoft in Program files x86. When I tried to delete it I was told I couldn't without administrative permission. But I can't figure out how to run as an administrator.
    Usually when you open something the drop down box gives you a choice to run as administrator.
    the drop down box in x86 doesn't have that choice. How do I completely get rid of Emisoft,and when will I stop being a sucker for free trials. ;0) Thanks

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 48,033   +271

What is the exact name of Emisoft product? They have many of them.

3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 892   +12

I believe it was Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.21 30 day trial. I thought I got it from filehippo, but it's not in filehippo so I don't remember where I got it from.

4. Broni

5. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 892   +12

Thanks Broni. That got rid of it.

6. Broni

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.