Uninstalling Realplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

I tried uninstalling Realplayer using CCleaner but I am still left with "the following files and/or directories could not be deleted c\Documents & Settings\.......\Application Data\Real\Realplayer.
I have forgotten how to manually delete files from directories.

As a rule I try to avoid programs which do not have an uninstall facility. I got realplayer because I listen to BBC radio a lot & I think it was their preferred media player.

Any suggestions for a media player ? I also rip & burn audio cds occasionally - strictly for personal use of course.

Pazuzu said:
I tried uninstalling Realplayer using CCleaner but I am still left with "the following files and/or directories could not be deleted c\Documents & Settings\.......\Application Data\Real\Realplayer.
I have forgotten how to manually delete files from directories.

As a rule I try to avoid programs which do not have an uninstall facility. I got realplayer because I listen to BBC radio a lot & I think it was their preferred media player.

Any suggestions for a media player ? I also rip & burn audio cds occasionally - strictly for personal use of course.

go the control panel>add or remove programms> see there realplayer still present. If not go to c:\programs files\real player deleted every files from there.
or under c:\common files\ see there any folder name by real player.
For Application data\real\realplayer u must unhide ur hide folder...for that open windows explorer or any folder>tools>folder options>under view menu check show hidden file or folder.....then go to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\real player or copy this link and paste on the windows explorer or any folder address bar.
best of luck.

Deleting Realplayer files

Thanks Pyari . I did look in control Panel -no Realplayer there.Checked in My computer, add or remove programs, & it is no longer there.
In fact I now find I cannot access samples of music on Amazon or listen to Radio so for the time being will have to re-install.

Reinstall, then go to SAFEMODE, and uninstall with Add and Remove in the Control Panel.
Got to www.majorgeeks.com or other source and download RegCleaner (free) by Juoni Viourno, and use that simple registry editor to remove any remaining bits of Real Player... This is good, and has the ability to replace what you have removed if you make an error.

RegCleaner fails to launch

I went to safemode & removed RealPlayer via control panel option to Add or remove programs.

I have Reg Cleaner installed. When I click on the desktop or start menu icon, nothing seems to happen.I tried both in Safe Mode & normal. When I Turn Off, however, I get " application Reg Cleaner has not closed" & have to opt for End Now - usually works on third attempt, although I had to use the power down button on PCon two occasions.
Mozilla Firefox is my preferred browser & this will not launch now.

When I do get a registry cleaner working, how will I recognise any "remaining bits of Real Player"?

as i said copy C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\real player this link and paste on windows explorer address bar and deleted the real player.......if this not help u then from run type regedit and edit menu find>search the name real or real player...deleted every thing which cames......
IMP note: before deleting from registry backup the registry....
for backup the registry from file menu click export and save.
If something wrong happen just double click that saved regfile every thing fine.
God bless u.

pyari said:
as i said copy C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\real player this link and paste on windows explorer address bar and deleted the real player.......if this not help u then from run type regedit and edit menu find>search the name real or real player...deleted every thing which cames......
IMP note: before deleting from registry backup the registry....
for backup the registry from file menu click export and save.
If something wrong happen just double click that saved regfile every thing fine.
God bless u.

. Thanks. I can not see any link where you say \applicationData\real player this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back