TechSpot

Unreal Hud Missing

By thadanman2k1
Mar 25, 2002
  1. Hello all! I was playing UT the other night, I got done with one game and switched to another server (i was on the Internet) and the HUD dissappeared for some strange reason. Can someone help me plz. I have a 64MB Geforce 2MX400 3d card. I just downloaded the new drivers but to no avail. I was hoping you guys could help me out. Thank you i advance! :eek:

2. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Posts: 203

HELLO - WELCOME TO 3DSPOTLIGHT:wave: :wave: :wave:

Ive never played UT before but i think you should try the latest game patch, get it here:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/downloads/

Hope this helps:D

But if it doesnt then im sure someone else will know

3. Demiurg

Demiurg TS Rookie Posts: 86

Like Cucumber said - you should have patch 436 and also the Bonus Packs (at least 1 & 4) to play UT online without hassles.
    Still sounds a little strange though. Is the hud still missing? Or was it missing during that particular game only? If the latter it could have been some kind of mod, although I don't know of any completely hudless mod. Hm. If the former you'll find the settings for the hud under Options>Preferences>Hud: check if the Show Hud option is on. But you already knew that perhaps.

4. thadanman2k1

thadanman2k1 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

The missing hud only happens in Multiplayer, if that helps. I hope I don't have to uninstall/ reinstall.:confused:

5. Demiurg

Demiurg TS Rookie Posts: 86

Hm. So you're saying that the HUD disappeared when connecting to a server and it still is missing when you play online? But not offline? And neither patch nor checking the Show HUD option helps? If so - I have no idea what's going on and, yes, I would recommend a reinstall. ;)

6. thadanman2k1

:( Ok. thank you all. "Sigh" ANOTHER Reinstall. THx so I could do it sooner.

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

8. thadanman2k1

Hey all! Strangely the HUD reappeared this morning when I played! LOL That was unexpected. Well thanks for all your concern.:grinthumb :wave: :wave:

9. erwin1978

erwin1978 TS Maniac Posts: 327

The server could also make the hud disappear.

10. Xerak

Xerak TS Rookie Posts: 24

The exact same problem happend to me to fix it just reinstall the game. :(

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.