Unrecoverable graphics driver error (i think this is the right place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be playing guild wars and i will get this message saying...
Guild Wars has encounterd an unrecoreable graphics driver error and must terminate.
I am able to do every thing until i try to go into one area i have already tried the tech support at the guild wars web site. But al they do is tell me to upgrade the video card taht doesnt help at all, infact when i downgraded my graphics card the promblem was fixed. The question i have here is that where can i find the website to upgrade/downgrade my intel R video card so taht i may start playing again. Also is you can think of something else that may be causing this please say. Thank you in advance.

All drivers for Intel are found on the www.intel.com site... you will need the part number or model number off the graphics card, or as posted in the BIOS at startup.

i have gone to the intel site and i have upgraded it. Didt work made it worse . I have downgraded it helped for a bit then it started to fail again so i reinstaled it then it fails.

Well, if you are absolutely certain you have the correct model number, that is ruled out as a cause. Next, I would suspect the graphics card itself.

Usually there isn't a direct way unless you have a repair shop with a good bench. I would just borrow a graphics card, whether PCI, or AGP, from another machine and see what happens... You won't necessarily get the resolution you want, but you can tell a lot by doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back