TechSpot

unwanted links appearing in a yellow box

By pugmom4
Aug 24, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I am new to this board and I am getting desperate. I have Norton Anti Virus, Ad Aware, SpyBot Search and Destroy and Cox.net security software. Despite all this, my computer has been hijacked! When I visit a site, unwanted links appear in a yellow box. For example, when I visited this site and my cursor ran across the words "photo album" it was double underlined and a yellow box appeared directing me to an AOL photo gallery site. I checked the properties of the yellow box and found this:

http://www.qklinkserver.com/more_content.asp?si=97&st=1&keyphrase=photo gallery

I am unable to find out anything about qklinkserver. on my own personal website, i stated that my pug loved hot dogs and the stupid yellow box appears, along with double underlines and directs my visitors to a Ballpark Hot Dog site. This is definitely NOT OK.

I would appreciate some help here. How did I get this and how do I get rid of it. I have run every program that I have, I have checked the registry thoroughy and I cannot find the problem. I can't be the only one having this problem! There has to be a solution! :confused: :confused:

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks in advance for any help.

Mindy
    pugmom4@cox.net
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Only a few visitors would get those popups.
    Check your PM.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.