TechSpot

Upgrading Dell Vostro 1700

By Birddog
Aug 11, 2008
  1. Hey all. first time post. sorry for the newbie questions.

I'm headed off to college in about a month. I've had a dell vostro 1700 for about five months and am very pleased with it. unfortunately, it was a gift and the person who gave it to me didnt get the best options so i'd like to upgrade it to be more of a gaming machine. money is a factor, so i dont need it to be the highest-end equipment on the market, but enough to run games at a fairly high quality and without many problems.

Specs:
    Vista Home Premium(would be willing to downgrade if it makes THAT much of a difference)
    Nvidia Geforce 8400 M GS
    2 GB RAM (plan to upgrade to 4)
    Intel Core2 Duo T5270 1.40 GHZ

If any other info is required let me know. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Also, I dont know if some of this stuff is/isnt upgradeable. I dont think anything is integrated, but i've seen conflicting specs. The only integrated item I saw was DAC type (Integrated RAMDAC) and i have no idea what this is. thanks again.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. Birddog

Birddog TS Rookie Topic Starter

hm. ran that program and all i got back for each tab was "sorry. no available upgrades."

any other suggestions?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.