Upgrading from XP 32-bit to Win7 64-bit?

Mister_K

Hey guys :)

I have purchased new 1TB, 7200RPM (32MB cache) Hitachy HDD and would like to know if i should install Windows XP 32 bit or install windows 7 64bit on it. My old HDD was 2MB cache 160GB which kind sucks :3 So will use it as music,video, backup disposal and the new as the boot HDD.

I have 4GB of Ram
GTX 460 OC
Phenom II X2 555 BE (clocked to 4ghz)
M4N78-SE mobo

Not sure if its really worth it... I backed up most of my important files on my external drive and already downloaded 64bit applications that i need (flash player, steam, itunes, gpu driver etc..)

Is it really worth it? Thanks in advance :))

PS:

Title typo :X

Edit:

Here is Windows 7 Advisor screenshots, doesn't really look too bad :D

32bit:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1844/windows7advisor32bit.jpg

64bit
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5671/windows7advisor64bit.jpg

Since you're using 4gb ram, you should really use a 64 bit operating system to fully utilize all of your memory.

I've been using one for the past few years, and I can find drivers and software easily now (it was a little hard when 64 bit just came out).

x64, but you really need to update all that stuff it says to, the .NET framework, Microsoft LifeCam, and Steam.

Thanks guys trying to install my Windows7 64bit but got stuck at 89% on "expanding windows files" so il see how it goes second time....

If that dosnt work il probs plug SATA cable to different socket and see if that dosnt anything.... maybe its something in BIOS :3

Anyway il update this in 2hrs or so...

Snap installation stuck at 0% now...Tried it on both HDD's the IDE and the SATA one and always stuck... Everything moves so the PC did not freeze but its always 0%.... best i got was 89% and then it got stuck...

I tried with different DVD and still same ....I even tried changing the sockets from SATA4 to SATA3 and still same.. Not sure if this will do anything but maybe unplugging the old IDE drive may work...

Back