USB flashdrive doesn't show up in XP

learninmypc

I have a very "Strange" situation. I had my 465gb Verbatim USB flashdrive plugged into my XP Pro & forgot it was plugged in so I rebooted. In the process of it rebooting, the loosely connected connecting cable fell off disconnecting it.
Once it booted back up, I reconnected it but now it don't exist on the XP. Don't show up in my computer nor when I click the "safe to remove" icon yet I hesitantly plugged it in my W7 & it shows & everything is good.
Did I mess something up on my XP?:confused:

I have a very "Strange" situation. I had my 465gb Verbatim USB flashdrive plugged into my XP Pro & forgot it was plugged in so I rebooted. In the process of it rebooting, the loosely connected connecting cable fell off disconnecting it.
Once it booted back up, I reconnected it but now it don't exist on the XP. Don't show up in my computer nor when I click the "safe to remove" icon yet I hesitantly plugged it in my W7 & it shows & everything is good.
Did I mess something up on my XP?:confused:
I've run scans (Avast,mbam & SAS) on it & they came up clean.:confused:

Sorry, I didn't see your post till now.
It took time to find this thread but yesterday, I absently minded put it in the XP to transfer some
videos. Thinking nothing of it. This morning, my XP froze for unrelated reasons & was forced to reboot. It was then it occured to me my Verbatim USB drive was plugged in still so I let it stay & it rebooted fine & now the problem seems to have been fixed.
Technology is strange, isn't it. :)
I'll bookmark this thread for future reference, thank you.

Back