Using my New PC

By stonarda
May 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys! I recentyl built my own PC, a really powerful machine but I have only ever reached its limits once - through a stress test. The specs are below:
    - AMD 8350 CPU, 8 core @ 4GHz
    - 16GB RAM dual channel @ 1866MHz
    - Gigabyte 7950 graphics card OC to 1GHz
    - M5A99X Evo R2.0 motherboard by Asus
    - 120GB SSD
    - 1TB Western Digital Green Hard Drive

I am woundering (has to be free, not much spare change at the moment!) what applications/games can I download that would utilise all the umph in my new PC

Thanks,
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

What. No offense, but this is kinda silly.

Just buy any games you enjoy playing. A lot of the latest ones won't give you >50fps on full detail @ 1920x1080, so that's a test for your PC right there.

As far as applications... trans/encoding video and audio is always a good one to load up your system. I don't know why you'd do that "for the lulz" though...

Try running some VMs too - VirtualBox.
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 617   +111

Take up CGI as a hobby. I have some scenes that will take a good hour or two to render a single frame on that setup. Should be a good test if you just wanna stress it.
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

Lmao I read your post and thought about 4k rendering on that machine.
  5. rowling

rowling Newcomer, in training

Search and browse. depends on your interests. so far I am playing Crysis 3.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.