Using My PC Monitor as a TV with a Time Warner Cable Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprslngr

I know this a totally newb question, but for all my effort I havent been able to get a straight answer. I have a Westinghouse 22" monitor and I'd like to use it as a T.V. I just need to figure out how to hook it up to my Cable box. I have a Motorola DCT2500

Any advice would be helpfull. Thanks!

-Ray

Look at the video outputs available on the Time Warner Cable Box, then look at the Westinghouse 22" monitor's inputs. You will need a video adapter with the proper connectors in order to connect it to the cable box... If you could provide some pictures, we might be able to point you in the right direction. This shouldn't be that hard

Heres links to the the monitor and the cable box. Don't have a charger for my camera at the moment so until then maybe this will work. The monitor is basically just a VGA cable and a sound inlet. the link to the cable box has a full diagram of the back of the box on pg 13.

motorola.com/staticfiles/Business/Products/TV%20Video%20Distribution/Set-tops/QAM%20Set-tops/Digital-Analog%20QAM%20Set-tops/DCT2500/_Documents/Static%20Files/DCT2500_User_Guide.pdf?localeId=33[/url]

westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=60[/url]

Not allowed to post links yet per my membership status, so you may have to paste these addresses to your browser manually. thanks for your help

Any help would be appreciated. It seems that this would be simple considering the cost difference in monitors and TV's. I figured someone would have standardized it. hehe. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back