uTorrent Plus launches for $24.95/yr with integrated antivirus, more

By Matthew
Dec 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BitTorrent has released a major update for its wildly popular filesharing client this week, marking the debut of its first paid version. Called uTorrent Plus, the software is being sold…

Read the whole story
  2. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

Here comes more bloat
  3. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

rtorrent FTW!
  4. i wonder if utorrent will support donwloading of pirated utorrent plus. :)
  5. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

So uTorrent is working on becoming more bloated that Vuze/Azureus? :p.
  6. i think they should keep utorrent bare; no apps or anything. since bittorrent is pretty much the same, it have the free apps or the build in what ever and the plus paid feature. so utorrent stay tiny and simple.
  7. I quit using torrents a long time ago, MegaUpload and Rapidshare premium accounts are so much faster. Unlimited bandwidth, and I get my full download speed of eight megabytes per second.
  8. Torrents blow, warez ftw
  9. Warez.. dude thats so 2005... go home..
  10. So 2005? Well I joined in 2008 and it's still alive and kickin. When I say warez that's just the main place where I find my MU and RS links. Tons faster than torrents and are tons more consistent and don't have to depend on seeders. Torrents are so last century.
  11. yorro

yorro TS Booster Posts: 250

12. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

This is funny!!!

Paying for an application to pirate downloads they don't want to pay for.
  13. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

I am selling crked copies of uTorrent Plus at a discounted rate...get them while they are hot...FAIL!
  14. People don't like to pay for things.
  15. kamz999

kamz999 TS Rookie Posts: 22

16. Haha, that I'm curious too :)
  17. It sure did but the pirated version started to complain about it's origins (had to manually delete the reg key). :mad: