TechSpot

Verizon and Sprint to offer the Galaxy Note as the Galaxy Journal?

By Shawn Knight
Jan 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. New rumors are swirling that suggest Verizon and Sprint could be the next carriers in line for the Samsung Galaxy Note. The massive 5.3-inch hybrid smartphone / tablet was announced…

Read the whole story

2. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 914   +391

I've had one (international version) since right before Christmas. Replaced my Dell Streak.
    As for the size, it's not a big deal, I use a BT headset 100% of the time. The Note is SUPER fast, and has a gorgeous screen. I went ahead and got a carrier unlocked version because who knows how crippled/screwed up the state side version will be.

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Crippled big time. If it follows Verizon's statement about most new phones being LTE capable it will run on the 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3 + Adreno 220. That same chipsets powers some SGS II variants which have noticeably more stutter than their Exynos versions, particularly in the messaging app, the pull-down notification menu, and when using the view all homescreens pinch in gesture.

Now given this info, I'm horrified to see how it will fare when it has to move from 800x480 to 1280x800.