Verizon launches budget-minded $35 prepaid plan with 500 minutes

By Shawn Knight
Apr 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Verizon recently launched a new prepaid plan designed to offer significant savings for those not interested in a smartphone. The no-contract plan includes 500 anytime talk minutes in addition to unlimited text and Internet usage for just $35 per month...

Read more
  2. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

That would be pretty sweet if you could use smart phones.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

LOL...$35 a month?? Guess how much I pay a month for my pay-as-you-go TracPhone? $8 a month.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,854   +342

yea, thats what I was thinking. ATT lets me use an inspire 4G prepaid without any data, yet verizon wont let me use a smartphone WITH data?
  5. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 342   +34

Guess how much coverage TracPhones get where I live. None. Verizon and At&t are the only two providers that give service that I can use inside my own home. For sprint you have to walk to the end of my driveway.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

When I had a tracphone I got pretty good service. With virgin mobile most of the time I have to walk outside my house to hear people clearly. But I really value my smart phone. If only I could get better talking service... 35$ a month
  7. Doing fine with Virgin Mobil.
  8. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 669   +202

Might be something wrong with your device. Tracphones work on any US carrier although you'll only get 3G on the network its really designed for (some are GSM, some are CDMA). I don't know of a single Tracphone with a Sprint 3G chip.
  9. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

But does it have unlimited data and text and is it a smartphone?
  10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,854   +342

these arent smartphones either.
    But yea, the texting and data is nice.
  11. Im currently on virgin mobiles prepaid beyond talk plan for 35 a month with 300 minutes and unlimited everyone else. my service is fine around here and I don't use all of my minutes as it is and my phone is alot nicer than the ones verizon is listing here so I have no need to switch yet. at&t just had a limited time offer for unlimited everything prepaid for 40 a month. phones sucked tho

12. Kelly Kufeldt

Kelly Kufeldt TechSpot Member

I'll stick with my Republic Wireless with unlimited everything for $30!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.