Verizon Lumia 928 pictured, OLED screen and thinner body rumored

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

A leaked image has revealed a variant of the Nokia Lumia 920 for Verizon. Uploaded by Twitter user @evleaks, the picture includes front and back shots of the device, which looks similar to the Lumia 920 that launched through AT&T in the US last year.

However, as many folks have noted, you can spot some differences on the outside without looking too hard, such as a longer flash on the back of the handset -- a change that jibes with previous rumors of the device carrying a new xenon flash.

Naturally, there's the obligatory Verizon and 4G LTE logos which separate it from the standard Lumia 920, but the new device -- tentatively called the Lumia 928 -- will also reportedly have a few hardware changes that could make it Nokia's new flagship.

For starters, the 928 is said to replace the 920's 4.5-inch LCD display with one that uses OLED technology. It's also reportedly a little trimmer, measuring 10.2mm at its thinnest point versus 10.7mm and 11.2mm at its thickest point with a curved back.

The 928 is also expected to be a bit lighter than the 920's 185g body, though we haven't found any numbers. Part of the size and weight savings stems from the use of a thinner polycarbonate, with aluminum bodies reserved for upcoming Lumia devices.

Major internal specifications are expected to remain unchanged from the 920, including its 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, though the 928 will have support for simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE).

Permalink to story.

Don't get me wrong, it looks awesome and I'd love for Windows phone to do well, but I keep wanting androids because they have a huge community and a lot of apps.

I like it, it's nice. Although top tier phones are generally a waste of money in my opinion. You can get just as good an experience from a good mid range phone. I wouldn't mind a Windows phone myself but I'll stick with Android for the time being.

Verizon Wireless just upgraded my 2012
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX

G LTE (Thin Case) to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Dual Core CPU is running on hyper-drive speed.. Windows 8 Smart Phone looks neat but I'll stick with Android Smartphone for now!

Back