Viacom blocks access to full episodes on Google TV

By Emil
Nov 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Viacom has blocked full episodes from streaming on the Google TV platform: network sites like MTV, Nickelodeon, VH1, and Comedy Central now just show error messages. As you can see below, the prompt is "Sorry, this content is unavailable for your device," according to GTVHub.

Read the whole story
  2. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 523   +9

What did google expect? This was bound to happen because they clearly are a competitor to cable
  3. pgbsamurai

pgbsamurai Newcomer, in training Posts: 27

I love how the first networks to block Google TV are the some ones THAT BROADCAST OVER THE AIR FOR FREE ANYWAY.
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 564   +30

Viacom has a history of being a bunch of pricks.
  5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 486   +10

Viacom is sour on Google to begin with so I expected it. Especially after that youtube lawsuit between the two.
  6. negroplasty

negroplasty TechSpot Maniac Posts: 531   +11

greedy bastards...
  7. edison5do

edison5do Newcomer, in training Posts: 239

Back in the days when I use to have a X360, I use to turn off the console upset becuase of this king of message!!
  8. windmill007

windmill007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 311

You would think the extended viewship would be enough. I mean as long as the networks ads get shown through google tv I don't see the problem? I mean they show them for free from there websites... Do they not want more viewers.....that's what it seems like to me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.