Vid Cards Opinions

By Bruff
May 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiyas. I'm currently running a Dell XPS 400 (please don't laugh) and am looking at upgrading my video card. I have a 256MB PCI Express x16 nVidia GeForce 6800 atm and I'm looking to increase performance, specifically increasing FPS with the new game Age of Conan. I just ordered 2GB more RAM to increase from 2 to 4. Any ideas what would be recommended as well as somewhat affordable. By affordable I'd like to stay around the $100 range and might be tempted to go to $200. Thanks for the input!
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

Either the 9600GT or 8800GT...
  3. Bruff

Bruff Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 41

Thanks. I've seen the 8800GT brought up a few times and it seems to be what I am leaning towards at this time.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

Aye, the 9600GT can be had for between $112 and $120 on Newegg at the moment, it's performance is close enough to the 8800GT that the savings are well justified.

Both are great cards though - you won't be disappointed regardless of your choice :).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.