omegafate

i got a HIS iceq4 4850 HD
HIS iceq44850 HD

and a asus M2N-SLI DELUXE
ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE
the problem im having is im getting is the BIOS video beep error

i know the vid card isnt junk cuz i had a friend run the card for testing

the power supply is suffificant becouse its a riad max 730 watt psu

i had just flashed the bios the begining of the week to 1801 (i think)

other than that im trying to find some way of getting it to run

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Your video card is an ATI Radeon while your motherboard is designed for Nvidia video cards.

so, it differs, compatibility is very important,
On that case, your friend's mobo supports the video card.

Your video card is an ATI Radeon while your motherboard is designed for Nvidia video cards.

Thats incorrect surely?!? Its designed for Nvidia SLI, but it should still accept a AMD GPU surely?

I've never known a motherboard not to accept ANY single GPU that is capable of fitting in the PCI-EXx16 slot.

You sure route? I was under the impression that even though he has an Nvidia chipset that the only issue he would ever have with a Radeon is not being able to crossfire since he would need an Nvidia card (SLI) for that. Figured running a single Radeon shouldn't be giving him issues if he has the latest BIOS.

And omegafate, checking out the ASUS site the latest BIOS appears to be 1804 which was released last year.

WELL DUH ME! :eek: :blush: :eek: That is what I get for answering in the wee hours of the morning. Never again. :mad:

No biggie Route, happens to the best of us. Had me double-checking though as I was confused their for a moment.

hmm the bios update apperitnyl adds support of amd/ati cards but or somehting like that. im just trying to replace my 9800 gt cuz i seen the benchmarks on this ati card and it was a lot better than my 9800 gt

It depends on the game and resolution you play at, but in general the 4850 is a better card then the 9800gt from benchmarks I've read. Have you double-checked that you are running the latest BIOS?

You have run the card on another system.. but have you run your system without the card?

If there is no on board video, test it again with your old video card just to make sure you didnt bump something. Sometimes I just take my whole PC apart when I have an odd problem like that... if I dont notice anything wrong I usually just put it back together, and sometimes this works.. loose connections... Also you could look through the BIOS options to see what options there are regarding video and pci or PCIe slots, whatever you're using.

Also, you can find beep error codes online somewhere... Not too sure where, sorry. Maybe someone can chime in on that?

Maybe its not the video card necessarily? Please let us know what troubleshooting methods youve used.

Not sure if this will help you, but see if you can compare your beep code with this site http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm
And try checking out the suggested hardware it involves.
Also, look around the website a little and check out what you might find.

Are you saying the problem arose when you tried to replace the 9800 GT with the HD 4850? And the problem started when you made the change? If so this is important info left out of the original post.

Did you go through all the steps to change drivers - inclduing uninstalling old drivers and shutting down system before installing new card? I suggest using the the directions for installing an upgraded video card at this site as a checklist to make sure you covered everything (including viewing resources linked at ATI):

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/install.html

If not a changeout but you just upgraded the driver, did you upgrade to the latest driver? Alternatively, did you try rolling back to the previous driver?

Back