Video card recommedation

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverzero89

need help on video cards. trying to help my friend out on a replacement for his since it went into that big hard drive in the sky. i was wondering if i could get a good, better, best type thing. thanks for your help!

It would help to know what kind of card we are talking about, that is, PCI, AGP or PCI-E. Also, what is the PC being used for, gaming or non-gaming? Does he have an upper budget limit? Can his power supply handle a more powerful card?

i think a 9500GT would be suitable, you don't need anything really high-end for video editing. could probably find one for under $100 and they don't require a lot of power to run.

thats what i was thinking as thats the card i have as well and im perfectly happy with it. but newegg doesn't have the 9500 anymore can you recommend a good site that still has it?

nvidia 210 video card is good for graphic but not for gamming.....and it cost around 100-200$ but its good for video editing :D

There are loads of cards available for cheap such as the Radeon HD 4670. However, if your friend intends to do any gaming, I would recommend the Radeon HD 4770.

Yeap a 9500GT is a good card....i dont really like ATI cards because if you want to use ATI card you gotta have a nice cooling fan for it... :)

Yeap a 9500GT is a good card....i dont really like ATI cards because if you want to use ATI card you gotta have a nice cooling fan for it...

I don't quite know from where you came up with that information. My own XFX 9800GT ran atleast 10c hotter than my current Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 at idle. On load it's temperatures were higher by about 20c. However, that doesn't make the card good or bad. Both perform exceedingly well. As long as temperatures are within acceptable limits specified by the manufacturer it's perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back