Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hichael

Hi, All

I'm planing to buy a Video Card and i noticed all brands are the same and same price, except one brand stands out the rest, specially has more GHZ and MHZ. Here they are :

1) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 550MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

2) ASUS GeForce 8800 GTS 500MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out DirectX 10 Video Card

3) EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS / 640MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / HDCP Enabled / Video Card

4) XFX GeForce 8800GTS XT PCI-E 580MHZ 640MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP TV Out DIRECTX10 Video Card

XFX has 580MHZ and 1.8GHZ which is more then the others. Does that make a big difference? or mean anything?

Thank you all

The XFX 8800 GTS is an excellent model and brand. The others are just as good, but the XFX card will run a little faster (and a little hotter). The speed difference is fairly negligible but XFX seems to get a little more out of their cards. Speed is important because it determines how fast it renders images and passes the pixels along the pipeline in order to display the image, depending on the type of processor, RAM, and motherboard you are running it on. Power supply is also an important factor. If going with either one of these cards, two things are VERY IMPORTANT, a power supply of at least 600watts and internal fans to keep the card cool. These cards run extremely hot and without the proper cooling (intake and exhaust), thy'll overheat and fry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back