TechSpot

Virus: DIable Task Manager, Regedit, Run Line, Most Antivirus programs

By iRiverFlow
Dec 31, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have this problem....

Straight and simple this virus is not letting me open task manager and regedit and also my run line in the start menu is gone. When i tried to open these blocked programs it says "Disabled by Adimastrator". I am Adimastrator.

I concluded it was a virus but when i double clicked on WIndows defender, it wouldnt open. Same happened with: HijackThis, Spyware doctor, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy. Although PC Tool's Antivirus is working

Also when i search on google for "Virus disables task manager regedit" some links close my browser. Also i am using Registrar Lite to open my regedit and i went to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    I found "NoRun", "NoFolderOptions,"NoDriveTypeAutoRun". Each time i try to delete them they come back. This Also happened in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] when i found "Disableregistrytools" and "DisableTaskmgr".

I Would Sure love some help from people who experienced it and Found a Solution
  2. BlkHeartWolf

BlkHeartWolf Newcomer, in training Posts: 160

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.