Not open for further replies.

Marty9231

Hi,

To start off, here are my System Specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 2.8 Ghz
GFX Card: ATI Sapphire HD4850 512mb
Memory: 2GB Fatal1ty 1066 DDR2

My problem:
I think my computer is infected with something like the Sircam Worm (W32.Sircam.Worm@mm). Because every .exe (or almost anything at all) I try to run says:

"Windows cannot find [path\file.extension]. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Another error I get, mostly when running .exe's is:

"ShellExecuteEx failed, code2. The system cannot find the file specified."

I have run numerous removal tools, including symantecs fixsirc. But they all seem to think the virus isn't there. Also, many websites advise to remove Sirc32.exe in the folder C:\Recycled\Sirc32.exe however this folder doesn't exist.

Also, some websites advise changing your 'regedit.exe' into 'regedit.com'. But my regedit.exe doesn't exist, there just isn't one it the 'system32' folder.

I read somewhere that you can recognise the Sircam Worm by checking this in your registry (which I managed though command prompt):

"Hkey_Classes_Root\exefile\shell\open\command"

If the value showed "% 1" %* you have the Worm.

Norton 360 did a full systemscan, and found nothing. I've also tried some online scanners, but everyone of them wouldn't start, if I pressed the button, nothing happened.

I was advised to repair my system using my windows CD, but it says the repairing software is incompatible with my current windows version.

Also, 'They' say that the Sircam worm doens't occur on NTFS drives. But my drives are all NTFS...

I hoped someone here could offer me some help.

[Edit: Just ran Hijack this, log is attached]

Marty

If you had googled the virus, or something, you would have found that the worm makes running executables impossible. And many other file types as well, only Hjt ran, and the log is attached.

Due to the nature of the worm, not being able to run stuff, most of the 8-step guide is impossible. And ofcourse I had a look at it before posting here.

Marty

Edit: Thanks for the help, but due to limited time to solve this, I reformatted my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back