TechSpot

Vista 64 taking 5-10 mins to boot

By drneves7
Jun 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Like it says I am running Vista Ultimate 64 and it is taking a REALLY long time to load. The one time I actually used my stop watch and it took 6 mins.

I have ran Ccleaner, Disc Cleanup, defraged numerous times. I have ran antispyware, malwarebytes and super antispyware. Made sure my system was up to date and drivers where up to date. I am at a lose at this point. This system is only a few months old and used to boot in 30secs to a minute. Oh and no I did not install any new programs that may be causing this.

Oh I also unchecked everything in msconfigs start up list with same results.

Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    HIS HD 4850
    4 gigs of memory
    Corsair TX750W

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Dominic
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Open Event Viewer (from Administrative Tools), then navigate to Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Diagnostics-Performance -> Operational.

There should be errors stating what slowed down the startup process.
  3. drneves7

drneves7 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 105

Okay there are some errors and such I am not sure just what I am looking for though. I am eager to learn more about this and even more eager to fix this lol.

Thanks Dominic
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.