Vista booting problem & this message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drdave

When I turn on my computer, I keep get this message.

Booting 'Windows Vista'

acpi
Vista Loader 2.1.2

Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr
(hd0,0)
Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x7
chainloader /bootmgr
Will boot NTLDR from drive=0x80, partition=0x0(hidden sectors=0x800)

It will not boot past this message, I have to keep turning it off and back on until I finally get a page that gives me a choice of safe mode, normal mode, etc. then it will boot up and run normal.

How can I fix this? I'm running Vista Pro.
Any help would be appreciated

To Repair Vista
Boot from the Vista disc and choose install
At the bottom left of the screen you will see a Repair option
This will repair the master boot record

You may want to backup first, just in case it's a faulty HardDrive, and this was the last thing that it does.

Again thanks for your help and input.
After many tries of recycling on and off I can get it to boot up ,but not normally.It will come up with the do you want to boot in safe mode or normal screen.

I find what ever I do it's not consistent.Sometime going into the bios and hit F-10 like I'm saving changes will allow me to boot up but not always.Like I said it may take 30 minutes to hit it just right to get it to boot in some fashion.

At first it when this started to give me problems about a month ago it would take maybe a couple of tries and then it would boot normal. With each time I try to boot it takes more tries.

For what it's worth I even have a hard time getting the bios curser to move .I can always get into the bios ,I just can't do anything once I get in,and have to reboot.At first I thought the keyboard wasn't working ,but I can always hit Ctrl Alt Delete and that works. I still think it's possessed. Any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back