Vista can't boot. At all, BSOD page fault error

I don't know what is going on with my pc, it randomly restarted while I was attempting to check my email and upon said restart I got my first bsod. Now it always goes to bsod when I try to boot it. Safe mode either gets hung up on crcdisc.sys or loads and then crashes with the same bsod within a minute or so.
The bsod I am getting says,

ci.dll
page fault in nonpaged area

stop: 0x00000050
ci.dll - address

collecting data for crash dump...

I'm running vista ultimate x64
my mb is a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p
I have a sapphire ati radeon 4870 and 2 sticks of ocz reaper ram (2 gigs each)
a ucp 700w power supply and western digital 6400 aaks hard drive

I've tried booting into ubuntu from a usb stick, that doesnt work either. I was able to use ubuntu to run memtest and my ram passed with no errors. I'm pretty sure this must be a hardware problem, I have not recently downloaded any programs, udpated drivers or anything like that. Any advice on this is much much much appreciated as I take online classes, the semester just started and I loathe this laptop I am using. Oh and I cleared the cmos and flashed the bios as well.

Do you know how to run memtest? What is the make of your harddrive? Do you have your OS disk?

Yes it passed memtest. I made a repair disc and tried system restore and the option to fix problems preventing boot, it couldn't find any problems. I now have it up and running using ubuntu from a cd. so I actually have the the .dmp file. I'll attach it. I do not have the os cd/dvd.

Attachments

• Mini082811-01.dmp.zip
    18 KB · Views: 2
Back