Vista, chkdsc utility and corrupt file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
Maybe some can help me with this problem. I am running Vista on Dell laptop. My problem started few weeks ago .I think my wife DL ether a worm or virus.

the problem
Everytime I open any program on the computer. I small pop up window poops up from the tool bar.

Lets say I start AOL
The popup will states
AOL.exe corrupt file .
The file or directory /program file /google is corrupt and unreadable .Please run the chkdsk Utility.

This pops up everytime I run any program. Otherwise the computer seems fine. I have run and updated Mc Affee it finds no virus or anything.

I try to run chkdsk utility but after I check off "check for errrors" I popup come stating cant run utility since it being used. .It will run on next startup. But nothing happen on next startup.

I have run "regcure" tell me i have 938 error and they want me to buy there program. Can i have this many error ???? something doesnt sound right with 938 errors ??????

Help anyone ????? Suggestion

Otherwise I like Vista just some of my program I use for work took sometime to figure out how to get them to work with this OS system.

thanks in advance Capt Gene

please download and run hijackthis from www.majorgeeks.com.
Copy the files into a new directory c:\orogram files\hijackthis\ and rename the program analyse.exe or crusty.exe. Post the log with your reply and we will have a look at it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back