Vista DVD-RW Read Loop (DRU-840a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi first time posting long time reader, you guys have solved many of my problems :). First problem I've had that I couldn't find an answer to in the forums. Anyway....

Just Installed Vista 64 from Xp 64 and everything is working great except my combo DvD. Whenever I place a CD/Dvd in the drive it spins up try's to read it slowing the system down but never comes to a solution i.e. reads it or says it can't be read. The model is a Sony DRU-840a that says its Vista compatible, I checked for firmware or driver updates but there aren't any. Tried going to the Device Manager and Uninstalling it still no help. It's detected in Bios and Windows and is scene from everywhere. Tried updating my MB's Bios still didnt help? Appreciate any help that you guys can offer!

The Dvd-rw works fine, cause I can boot from the Vista install disc. I think I've narrowed down the problem as I tried switching the Primary and Secondary IDE's and anything connected to the Secondary ceases to work even though its detected and all. Problem is I can't connect everything to the Primary IDE. Its a Asus P5NE-SLI MB, with every possible driver updated!? Also everything worked fine when connected to Xp 64? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back