Vista Service Pack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsky303

Downloaded this last week and surprisingly I actually DID notice a little increase in speed around file transfer, webpage loading and software/games.

I say 'little' increase but still an increase non the less.
Also my hard drive capacity increased! I have a 300Gb hard drive which had 101Gb free left on it. Now it's got 140Gb free!

What's that all about?

Only thing is, windows now takes a lot longer to boot up once past the login screen. It seems to take ages for my applications to all load up. A slight problem which wasn't present before the service pack.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed the same after installing the pack?

Cheers.

Asus PK5C
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz (OC'd to 3.2GHz)
GeForce 8800GTX XT
Corsair 4Gb DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2 Dominator
300Gb Maxtor
SB Audigy 2 ZS
650W Coolermaster PSU
Windows Vista x64

I noticed a big increase in network transfer speed, but I can't be certain this was a result of SP1. My old torrent machine (OS X 10.3.9) is no longer being used and I replaced with an XP Machine right around the time I put SP1 on my main, so I don't know if it was the computer switch or SP1.

Other than that I haven't noticed anything. No slower or faster on startup that I can tell.

I noticed a big increase in network performance as well - it was one of the issues that was claimed to be addressed. Didn't notice any slower startup either - but I did notice decompressing zip files was much faster than it used to be. It was pretty painful pre-SP1.

Go to Microsoft's site. If you have Vista it should automatically update or you can probably manually update.

Thanks for your responses. I'd given up on networking my computer with another on a home network due to the complete crap speed but it seems that's been resolved! Let hope Vista continues to iron out these problems eh?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back