Vista SP1 bsod bad_pool_caller 0x000000c2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmansm

I need some help please, I keep getting this blue screen during startup but safe mode works fine.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

*** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x0000110B, 0x00000000, 0x86A93A38)

This started after I installed the lastest nVidia display drivers v.177.26. I have uninstalled the drivers via Control Panel and used the latest version of Driver Sweeper yet the problem still persists.

The log and dmp files were to big to upload so I used savefile.com.

CBS.log
setupact.log
setuperr.log
MEMORY.DMP
(All can be found at that link)
http://www.savefile.com/projects/808652528

0xC2 errors are typically caused by faulty drivers or buggy software.

I suggest using the free version of Driver Cleaner Pro. Do these steps:

1. Download to your desktop an earlier Nvidia driver for your video card; the one that worked previously.

2. Uninstall current drivers and any other old drivers.

3. Reboot into safe mode and let DCP do its job. If it doesn't find anything that is quite okay.

4. Reboot into normal and don't let Windows do its own installing.

5. Install the drivers you have downloaded on your Desktop.

* A rule of thumb on drivers: "If it ain't broke don't fix it.."

* Let us know if it works.

I wouldnt have updated in the first place but the stock nVidia drivers are 167 and that is WAY out of date and I suffer greatly in games. I went through the whole process again and this time I use driver version 174.74 and they seem to be working so lets keep our fingers crossed! THANK YOU for the quick responds and even though I already know all this (besides that 0xC2 ment fault drivers) it was greatly appreceated.

shadowmansm said:
I wouldnt have updated in the first place but the stock nVidia drivers are 167 and that is WAY out of date and I suffer greatly in games. I went through the whole process again and this time I use driver version 174.74 and they seem to be working so lets keep our fingers crossed! THANK YOU for the quick responds and even though I already know all this (besides that 0xC2 ment fault drivers) it was greatly appreceated.

Yeah, your're right, your did need to update your drivers! :) The thing with Nvidia drivers is I usually wait before installing because the new releases always seem to cause issues.

Glad it is working now for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back