TechSpot

Vista turns off monitor even though power options are set to never

By HaLo2FrEeEk
Jan 24, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basically what the title says. I have my power options for my monitor timeout set to never turn off. It's a desktop, and I think I can trace the problem to a certain program. I have Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre installed for playing BluRay movies and when I run it, it changes the display options back to Windows Vista Basic. It would seem that the power option changes itself back after I close this program and Vista goes back to Aero mode.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this? I use the program a lot and I absolutely hate turning my monitors back on.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

I would remove Arcsoft Total media Theatre, then reset Vista, defragment, and reboot, then reinstall ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, and see if it will behave next time.
  3. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 225

Anybody have a recommendation on something that might involve less work? Not that I'm against doing what's necessary, but if there's a simpler way, I'd like to try that.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.