2. Home Premium

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
By Fiery_WA
Jun 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gday

I currently all have all the home desktops installed with Win2k Pro, as you are all aware it's shelf life is about to expire.

I am the PC geek of the house, the old man knows little to nothing about OS's app's, or even how to burn something without my ***** instructions for him to follow.

I am by no means a PC guru, just a geek, I can build a desktop and can fix most problems that arise after the kids have been on the PC's.

I have a laptop with Vista Home Premium pre installed on it, so I am sort of familair with Home Premium. (The laptop doesn't get much use, only on trips away).

For me personally money is not a problem, I usually get whatever I want as opposed to getting to getting "second best".

I am inclined towards Vista Ultimate for my own desktop, and Home Premium for the old mans PC.

However before I go out and buy either, can I get some opinions on which OS is better Ultimate or Premium?
  2. snowchick7669

snowchick7669 TS Maniac Posts: 698

Well Ultimate has all the bells and whistles

I havent much played around with it really, but here's something to read if you would like

Interested to see other people's opinion
  3. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

If you money isn't an object go with Ultimate. Just make sure to stay away from Vista Home Basic.
  4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

Wait till October and get Windows 7! ...

Spyder_1386 :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.