Warning: Misinformation on this fourm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you prove that?

Over 80'000 people have read my post, I don't know how many followed it all, but I guess it's a fair amount.
Since posting that thread, you are the first person to complain!
Not everybody managed all of it, but NOBODY got their PC messed up!
Now who is wrong?

Come to think of it, I bet you did NOT install HJT in its own directory.
If you had, all you would have needed to do is UNDO some of those O16 fixes from within HJT!

a mole from another website to trash techspot ???? only just joined today. never have i seen a complaint on here over wrong or dangerouse info

I just gotta say to the original poster:

booooooooo!

Even if Blackstuff's advice was wrong (I have no idea whether or not it was), you can't do what you did in this thread. It's just wrong.

He gives HOURS of his day to help people root out bugs and has helped thousands of people ..... FOR FREE. Find someone on the net with his level of knowledge and as generous with their time as he is. I dare you.

And if you think he may have made a mistake, how about posting and ASKING him about it, so he can look into it and see if in fact he was in error, or if you simply didn't follow his instructions? Coming here with a new username and basically pissing on the walls like you just did is low, tasteless and cheap.

Go find your free help somewhere else.

Could you please explain why my integrity needs to be flamed? I have been having intermittent system freezes during operation and shutdowns. I was just Googling around for possible solutions and saw your posting has a clear step-by-step procedure. When I saw that items labeled for AutoCAD 2002 and AOL Radio's active-x were involved I attempted to run those items after rebooting. AOL Radio stated key elements were missing and my internet-based functions for AutoCAD were dead [non functioning when selected]. My copy of HijackThis [in its own directory] pretended to do a restore but it didn’t work in this case.

Tonight is our weekly prayer group at church [where I am a deacon] and I’ll request a prayer for those who jump to conclusions as to the integrity of people they’ve just met. Being from Las Vegas doesn’t make someone a liar or thief.

lynx20 said:
Could you please explain why my integrity needs to be flamed? I have been having intermittent system freezes during operation and shutdowns. I was just Googling around for possible solutions and saw your posting has a clear step-by-step procedure. When I saw that items labeled for AutoCAD 2002 and AOL Radio's active-x were involved I attempted to run those items after rebooting. AOL Radio stated key elements were missing and my internet-based functions for AutoCAD were dead [non functioning when selected]. My copy of HijackThis [in its own directory] pretended to do a restore but it didn’t work in this case.

Tonight is our weekly prayer group at church [where I am a deacon] and I’ll request a prayer for those who jump to conclusions as to the integrity of people they’ve just met. Being from Las Vegas doesn’t make someone a liar or thief.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

No one is calling you a liar, or a thief.

What we are saying is, RBS has dedicated a lot of time and energy in composing his threads. To the best of my knowledge, you are the only person to complain.

I fully accept that you may have had problems following the advice given.

However, you could always have used the backups, that HJT keeps for just such an instance.

In general, it is a good idea to have HJT fix all 016dpf entries, as these are activex controls, and as such do generally constitute a security risk.

I`m sorry if you feel that you`ve been offended.

I`m sure that this was never the intention.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

1. You find usefull information provided by a fellow member & cannot even say "thank you"
  2. The information has taken time to be gathered & written in an easy-to-follow manner on the member's own time, yet you only find things to complain about
  3. You don't even say "hi"
Not a very good start, no matter where you are from. :p

I agree. Noone here gets paid for any help. We're just a community of computer users.

If you don't like it here, the door swings both ways - and don't let it hit you on the b*tt on the way out.

lynx20 said:
Tonight is our weekly prayer group at church [where I am a deacon] and I’ll request a prayer for those who jump to conclusions as to the integrity of people they’ve just met.

I suggest you change the focus of your prayer group more to something like "appreciating people's help" or "kindness" or something to that affect. It'll do you a lot more good, Mr. deacon.

I wish I could be as kind as Mr. Hopkins was in his response to you, but I can't. Since your second post contained no apology to Blackstuff for your lack of appreciation and bad manners, I am forced to give you yet another "booooooooo".

Soooo, aprt from the fact your AOL radio doesn't work, I take it you're all cleaned up now? :D

Do me a favour - Pray for someone else mate. I tend to take an instant dislike for people that use prayer and religion as an excuse to further insult people - It's attitudes like that that give your faith a bad name... Self righteous SoB.

Being a reverend doesdn't impress me I'm afraid - any Tom **** or Harry can become ordained these days. Being a preson worth respecting is what get's my respect, regardles of their religion or status.

I have been plugging this website for a week or two, and i still think that this DEACON fella is on a MISSION from another less competent site.

I don't like the guy it was just wrong, So what if your AOL Radio and AutoCAD don't work, you made a backup right?

If not then you are to blame for your things not working. RBS is great at what he does.

I hope when you had this "problem" you started your own thread and posted your own "HJT" log.

I hope you have learned something today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back