Inactive Warning notice in Event Viewer..Tcpip

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincranky

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." Or so says my event viewer. I followed the instructions at M$ website, and came up with PID "448" being denied internet access for attempting to many concurrent connections.

"PID 448" is the Java Quick Starter..., jqs.exe..! Do I even have a problem...?

With that being said, I do run "NoScript" in Firefox, would this be affecting anything?

"TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts."
You're not saying, what Windows version you're running, but if XP, there is normal, default limitation on half-open connections.
MS introduced it in hope to eliminate infections spread speed by computers turned into bots, but I guess, it didn't do any good, since...
That limitation was eliminated in Vista, with SP2, I believe.

There is an unofficial patch for it.
It works well, as I used to use it on XP.
See here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...tcher-for-x86-and-x64-windows-7-vista-and-xp/

Agreed, that's how the M$ page explained it, to prevent the spread of malware. I am running XP SP-2 in the affected machine.

In fairness, I really don't care if the Java Quick Starter gets on line or not, as long as I can tie the event to the process, and it isn't actually malware, I'm good with that.

Thanks for answering my question :)

You're welcome :)

The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. If you don't want to run another extra service, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click OK and restart your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back