Watch as this guy dunks his GoPro in boiling water to film an egg being poached

By Shawn Knight
Aug 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the world around us is full of beauty, you just sometimes have to look at things from a different perspective. We've shared videos in the past where extreme slow motion and...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,526   +829

This will inspire go pro to make a new line of science-proof cameras that are heatproof up to the temperature of volacanic lava
  3. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,158   +197

I have a mate in the fire brigade who has a helmet cam that can take up to 400 degrees.

Im pretty sure your head would melt before the camera at those temps :p
    ikesmasher likes this.
  4. Poaching by definition is not boiling.
  5. Wasted time
  6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

How is this any different from just filming an egg being poached? Because the camera is in the pot too and not just filming through the side of a glass bowl?

I want my 60 seconds back.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  7. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 209   +82

Exactly why I didn't even watch the video.
  8. NicktheWVAHick

NicktheWVAHick TS Enthusiast Posts: 65   +35

For an encore he should dunk his GoPro into a fishtank to be able to see what it looks like from the "inside" of a fishbowl.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

What an 'egghead'. Dumping a raw egg into boiling hot water is not 'eggsactly' the way to poach eggs. He has an expensive GoPro camera which he doesn't mind trashing but he's too cheap to buy a proper egg poaching pan. Go figure.
  10. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

That's pretty cool.