Watch five minutes of Far Cry 3 multiplayer action

By Shawn Knight
Apr 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A five minute video of Far Cry 3’s multiplayer aspect has found its way online courtesy of the gang at VG247. The pre-alpha build highlights the domination game mode on…

Read the whole story
  2. It's Call Of Duty on the beach...
  3. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

Looks a little too arcade-ish for me... I think i'll be sticking to the single player on this one. I think i'll be sticking to BF3 for my online gaming needs.
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 853   +84

Gamespot got an alpha copy too, and the game looks real bad.
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 876   +80

Yeah that's what I though when I seen the video oh and I don't even like COD :3

Just Sain'
  6. Det

Det Newcomer, in training Posts: 84

The top comment from the video:

"Insanity is... Doing the exact same ****ing thing... Over and over and over again, THINKING it's going to be different.
    *Watches Far cry 3 multiplayer video*
    ...Did? i ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

lol
  7. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 876   +93

The innovation factor is all but gone in shooters these days, but when you think about it how many ways can you shoot someone in a video game...
  8. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,231   +314

(shrugs) It's an add-on to a single-player game. I'm not complaining. Don't want to play it, don't play it. Otherwise, looks like a reasonably entertaining time waster to me.
  9. Sunny87

Sunny87 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 116   +10

I think the game was made even worse by the commentary!
  10. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Except there's a certain feel to it. Hard Reset doesn't feel like Doom, E.Y.E. doesn't feel like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Half-Life 1 doesn't feel like Half-Life 2.

This screams Call of Duty. I had to double check I was actually watching the correct video and not some random COD gameplay video.
  11. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was awesome....
  12. This game looks nothing like cod you retards thats like saying WoW looks exactly like Fable ... which it obviously doesn't, this game looks miles better than CoD.
  13. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

+1
    Too bad FPS games are becoming exactly like CoD :(

14. jeffz6

jeffz6 Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

I'm sick of these arcade huds. I can see when I've shot someone, I don't need to be told.

Remember Veitcong? next to zero hud ? those where the days. Real games.
  15. Just curious, will they have dedicated servers or will it be a lobby system or will it be ranked only via lobby and dedicated servers = non ranked like some other derp company done with their franchise?

And yes i agree CoD style gameplayer in this pre alpha clip and no i dont play CoD MP it is way to limited imho.
  16. Id play this mp over COD mp any day if it has a decent amount of players online. although air strikes and bomb dropping is common in much of warfare, i guess for some COD set some kind of standard. Either way the graphics in this are easily better and it appears to be more team-work dependent... which is NOT COD. The knifing tho.. thats what gets me :D
  17. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Except WoW and Fable aren't even similar genres.

Please enlighten me on how this game is an improvement over CoD.
  18. Where is the server browser???
    no server choice???
    WTF ????

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.