Watercooling specialty shop Danger Den closes doors after 12 years

By Shawn Knight
Nov 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. After 12 years of helping PC modding and watercooling enthusiasts get the gear the need, Danger Den has decided to close their doors. Not much is known about the situation at this hour short of a small notice recently posted...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,259   +216

A sad day, but not surprising... I assume it's becoming much harder to compete as more gaming rigs are being built with water cooling from the beginning, and mass produced cooling hardware becomes more common (and much cheaper). It's becoming more common, but the entire market for those cooling options is still relatively tiny, so extra competition can be a killer. Somewhat ironic, since the Danger Den guys have done so much to make water cooling a mainstream upgrade...
  3. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 436   +70

It really sucks to see this happen. It's just proof to me that the desktop world is stagnant.
  4. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,061   +68

Good riddance... Over the years I had several of their products, and they were all shoddily built, overpriced, and poorly engineered. They might have been great when they first got into the business, but I feel as if they just quickly lost whatever passion they may have had in the beginning, and put out whatever poorly designed product some 5 year old kid designed for them. (just google the Danger Den Black Dildo Block). That kind of garbage went on for too long, and it was obvious with the cheap flimsy materials they used, that they were just out to make a quick buck. I can't even count how many times I tried to install a psu in a DD case, only to find out the holes weren't properly lined up.The only well built thing I have of theirs, is my Torture Rack, but the psu holes still don't line up.

I wish I could say I cared that they were leaving, but I don't give a single f***.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.