Web browsers don't load webpages?

Hello, there,

Recently, I've been have issues with my web browers not loading web pages. I primarily use Mozilla, which only loads my gmail home page. When I try to access any other area of the web, it shows a continuous blank loading screen. I've tried it on EI as well, and not even a home page will load. I would try Chrome, but I obviously can't access the download. I'm positive it isn't my Internet connection because I'm sending this via iPod and all the other computers around my home aren't sharing in the problem.

I've browsed around this site looking for solutions to similar problems, but none have aided me thus far. I use Alienware M11x with Windows 7. This issue rose after a Firefox update, I believe.

How may I solve this problem, and are there any ways to help prevent this in the future? All help is very much appreciated!

Hello, there,

Recently, I've been have issues with my web browers not loading web pages. I primarily use Mozilla, which only loads my gmail home page. When I try to access any other area of the web, it shows a continuous blank loading screen. I've tried it on EI as well, and not even a home page will load. I would try Chrome, but I obviously can't access the download. I'm positive it isn't my Internet connection because I'm sending this via iPod and all the other computers around my home aren't sharing in the problem.

I've browsed around this site looking for solutions to similar problems, but none have aided me thus far. I use Alienware M11x with Windows 7. This issue rose after a Firefox update, I believe.

How may I solve this problem, and are there any ways to help prevent this in the future? All help is very much appreciated!
Chrome as in this google chrome https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4718-google-chrome-for-windows.html
Other than that, what Operating System are you using? If you still have Firefox installed, you might try Tools>Options>Advanced>Network Tab>Click the Settings Tab & under connections, make sure NO PROXY is checked & click ok & ok again & retry.

Hi, First assuming you haven't already sorted this out, is your PC connecting to the router by wireless or cable?
Have you tried the troubleshooter in 'Control panel/ Network and Internet/Network and sharing center, (the last option in the list). If both browsers don't connect to 'net, then it's possibly a wireless 802.11g/n adapter problem, but would be interesting to know what the Windows troubleshooter software gave as a result.

Back