Inactive Website user id's deleted after downloading ATI Radeon x600 driver update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I downloaded and installed ati radeon x600 driver update on my toshiba tecra s2 from the techspot website. After restarting the laptop, I went into my td waterhouse acoount to check on some stocks and my connect id (which is prepopulated) was blank. I didn't think anything of it and re-entered it, entered my password and checked the box to store the id.

I checked my web banking account and the same occurred, so I updated it as well.

I have thought about it and am now concerned my accounts are at risk and that my key strokes are being tracked.

Is there anything I can do to check or protect myself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

If possible, use another computer to check your accounts and change your passwords. Obviously, if you detect any tampering with your accounts, report it to the respective institutions asap.

Since you suspect you are infected with a keylogger or other malware, this post will be moved to the Virus and Malware Removal forum for further attention.

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

I strongly suggest, you change all your usernames and passowrds, using another healthy computer, immediately.
I'd also call your bank, so they can monitor account activity.

Then....
Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Thanks for the support.

I am not sure if my key strokes are being logged, but I thought it seemed really odd for all pre-populated website Account ids to be deleted when all I did was update a display adapter.

I have changed my account ids and passwords as recommended, but because this is a work laptop, I cannot download all the anti malware and anti virus programs as suggested, so I am arranging to have my IT Dept. rebuild my laptop.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back