Weekend game deals: Halloween madness

By Matthew
Oct 29, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Who knew game dealers were so festive? Just about every major digital distributor is celebrating Halloween by knocking as much as 75% off select titles. Valve has reduced a handful of its most popular games by 50%, including Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2, and dozens of other games on Steam have been discounted as well. Meanwhile, Direct2Drive offers 15% off on all horror games via coupon code "kreepy" and EA has slashed 50% off Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Dead Space.

Read the whole story
  2. IkarugaShiver

IkarugaShiver Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

DAYUMMM.
    And this is why I love Steam. <3
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,229   +314

My recommendations:

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
    Team Fortress 2
    Bioshock
    Dead Space
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Sins of a Solar Empire
    Resident Evil 5
    Mass Effect 1 & 2

Don't bother:
    Aliens vs. Predator
    F.E.A.R. 2

The rest I haven't played and can't comment on. Maybe someone else? :)
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +228

Awesome deals - too bad I already own most of the things I want off this list. Gonna recommend it to my buddies though.
  5. SStriker

SStriker Newcomer, in training

Sweet - I'm getting Left 4 Dead 1 & 2....
  6. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,126

To bad i already own most of these games. I bet i have 10 or so games that i bought from steam sales and haven't even played them yet.
  7. customcarvin

customcarvin TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 102   +7

Damnit... NEED MORE MONEYS!!! - I want too many of them!
  8. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 863   +127

My Recommendations:
    Musts:
    L4D2
    TF2
    Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 + Expansion (Chaos Rising)

Shoulds:
    L4D
    Bioshock
    Worms Reloaded (on Steam)
    Plants vs. Zombies (on Steam)
    F.E.A.R. 2

If you have extra moneys:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
    Devil May Cry 4
    Overlord Pack

Don'ts:
    Uhhh... I guess the rest of the games I haven't played.
    I don't strictly dislike any of the games that I have (which are on the above list)

I'd like to know what people are buying!
    I'm going to buy F.E.A.R. 2. I don't own it but I haven't played through a lot of it and I'd like to finish it.
  9. Elitassj4

Elitassj4 Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

WOW....just....WOW :-O
  10. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Some good stuff in there. Just love these game sales.
  11. edison5do

edison5do Newcomer, in training Posts: 239

Im new on Steam, and im really starting to love it!!
  12. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Seeing things like this makes me wish I played more games. It seems my PC time has diminished to almost nothing in the last few years. I sure do miss it, but I've got other things that occupy my time now anyway.
  13. NeoFlux

NeoFlux TechSpot Member Posts: 81

Was waiting for chance to get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. .My wife will be M.A.D. !!!

14. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

i already bout L4D 1 & 2 some times ago & was cheaper ;) ...i'm so mad now steamy site pushing PvsZ for less 5$, OK i bought it less 10$ some 3 months ago & worth every penny.

happy Halloween & have fun :p

cheers!
  15. hamitaltintop22

hamitaltintop22 Newcomer, in training Posts: 21

I just made my friend buy l4d2. Now I can finally play with people I actually know (l4d players are usually nice, but how fun the game is is really dependent on who you play with).
    Some comments:
    DOW 2 should have been for $10 (or even $5) instead of $15. I dont want to seem greedy but the norms that steam sales have established force me to this conclusion.

I strongly recommend people buy the stalker bundle. Stalker shadow of Chernobyl is a very good game (however you must install the complete 2009 mod in order to fully enjoy the game), and call of pripyat is supposed to be good as well. I did not buy the bundle because I already own Shadow of Chernobyl and will instead wait for the individual prices to be on sale during the winter sale. However, the Stalker games are not for everyone, so research before you buy.

Bioshock for $5 is really good. I bought it for $13 on a previous steam sale.

$10 for ME 2 is utterly awesome even if it is not on steam. I bought it for $20 on a steam sale not too long ago (maybe EA Week or Pearls of Summer, cant remember)and I thought that was a great price.

I am considering buying Devil May Cry 4 (not sure, it really is a console game after all) and maybe BFBC2. $15 is a good price for BC2, but it might drop to $10 during another big sale, leading me to decide to wait.
  16. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,119   +51

I must say I agree with Treeski, L4D2 and DOW2 are MUST HAVE games.

TF2 is something I have not wanted to buy since I don't want to stay stuck on my PC more than I already do.
  17. ReMonster

ReMonster Newcomer, in training

There all great games, I just wish I haven't already purchased all of them off steam.... :(
  18. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,119   +51

Oooh something you must know, is the Warhammer 40.000 Dawn of War 2 and expansion are just 1 day offer.
  19. thedrelle

thedrelle Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

Lots of good games at good prices. i may have to pick me up something..
  20. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Booster Posts: 997   +37

Left for Dead 2 here I come!
  21. kevin1212

kevin1212 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

Will be getting that lfd2 4 pack. I was waiting for this deal.
  22. TwiztidSef

TwiztidSef Newcomer, in training Posts: 49

Steam is excellent. Always liked it. Still puts pressure on the wallet but its alot better than being a 100% pirate.

I would recommend any source game. Valve like to throw quite a few updates and free DLCs at them.
  23. n00bzZy

n00bzZy TechSpot Member Posts: 37

Halloween now, then Black Friday and Christmas. That's what I call shopping!
    Probably gonna grab TF2 finally. And as others recommended before, L4D2 is a must. 140 hours and counting :)
  24. Decimae

Decimae Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

Thinking about getting AI War, I'm only worried that I won't get 4.0 instantly. The developer doesn't seem to offer a discount on his site, perhaps that'll come later.
  25. killamoves

killamoves Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

8 games for $20 is always nice.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.