Weekend Open Forum: Gadgets you can't live without

By Jos
Dec 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Those of you born more than a couple of decades ago can probably remember a time when cell phones, personal computers, cable television, and other modern conveniences weren’t something you’d take for granted or outright didn’t even exist. Some say those were ‘simpler’ times, but as a technology lover I certainly wouldn’t want to live without many of these things. Truth is, in most cases they also make life so much easier.

Read the whole story
  2. jarulezz

jarulezz TechSpot Member Posts: 62

i probably couldnt live without my phone and my pc and thats actually the technology i use the most
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

I'm rather attached to my home theater and my high speed internet.
  4. Shawn Knight

Shawn Knight TechSpot Staff Posts: 3,906   +54 Staff Member

I agree with Jarulezz, the cell phone and PC are my two favorite gadgets. To me, a phone was just a phone until I got an iPhone. IMO, that was a truly revolutionary device that brought the Internet directly to my pocket. WiFi is another great technology that ties everything together.

Moving ahead, I think tablets will be the "next big thing". I've had an iPad for a few weeks now (thanks to everyone who voted for me in the contest BTW), and while I don't use it every waking moment of the day since I am at home with my PC most of the time, it really is pretty amazing what it can do given its small size.
  5. Shawn Knight

Shawn Knight TechSpot Staff Posts: 3,906   +54 Staff Member

Oh, and my new Roomba is incredible too. Such a time-saver!
  6. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 543

phone and pc for me too...i feel disconnected without either of the two :S
  7. I can't live without my ipod, netbook, and cellphone. I really want to get an iphone so that I can combine my ipod and cellphone.
  8. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

cellphone, desktop and laptop PCs and DSL connection. Can't get anything done without them.
  9. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TechSpot Maniac Posts: 387

Cellphone and PC, and my Fuji Finepix HS10 wherever I go. I can't stand to really miss a shot/ moment :x

iPad and iPod/Phone I've got, though I find that I can leave them at home and not really care much.
  10. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Well, I'm not much of a gadget guy. But if the Internet went away, it would be a pretty big deal for me. :(
  11. my pc and my phone (laptop soon :))

12. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TechSpot Booster Posts: 133

Phone and PC (of course including Broadband Internet)
  13. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 240   +11

I'm with Shawn, couldn't live without my PC... I also got an iPhone 4, its really a life saver, I use it most of the day as a music player during work while programming, It also works well as a camera when something extraordinary happens, and also to check my social networks from time to time, it has really become on of my favorite gadgets...
  14. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,035   +70

I use my PC, Notebook (DV5) and Cell (SGS) very regularly, but I'd give them happily away for a week off hiking around in some nice hills ;)
  15. Davidoff

Davidoff TechSpot Member Posts: 46

My PC......sometimes my ipod touch
  16. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,406   +834

Does a PC even count as a gadget any more? I'm pretty sure the PC has reached the status of being thought of as "furniture"!

I thought that "gadget" was more along the lines of an electronic stud finder. Or possibly a copy guard eliminator for VHS tapes.
  17. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

My iPhone. I think I was one of many people who didn't even care about the reception issues because I only spend about 1% of the time making calls on it. Without my music library and games I would get bored to death on the commute to work.

And surely a PC doesn't count?
  18. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

My PC, thats a all in one gadget, that im sure it beats most of the other gadgets xept for mobility.
  19. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195

PC, that's all, no iPod, iPhone, or laptop, just PC.
  20. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

iPod touch & Macbook
  21. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,406   +834

Indeed, the PC is the "Swiss Army Knife" of consumer electronics.
  22. Internet, it is something so normal this days but just imagine how hard it would be to fine information without it, or being comunicated.
  23. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] I'm a TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,318   +117

24. ruben1992

ruben1992 Newcomer, in training Posts: 32

PC mostly also phone and maybe my iPod.
  25. 1. old laptop (running xp)
    2. bit torrent apps/sites (my computer is useless without it)
    3. my lousy mobile phone with lousy camera (w995)
    4. psp

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.