Weekend Open Forum: What type of mouse pad do you use?

By Matthew
Nov 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Two realizations struck me while seeking a new mouse pad recently: 1) there's a lack of small plastic pads from major gaming accessory makers, and 2) folks take there mouse surfaces very seriously. On my journey, I found debates about...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,766   +1,427

3. Who uses mice anymore? I've used Kensington Trakballs for years! No bumping into things, running out of space. No pad needed. No carpal tunnel. Etc, etc.
  4. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 343   +34

I use a logitech mx anywhere mouse, and I don't need any mouse pad. I just use whatever is next to my laptop. Sometimes the arm of a recliner, sometimes the glass table on my porch, sometimes just the carpet on the floor. It really does work well anywhere.
  5. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

I haven't used a mousepad in 10 years.
  6. colinf

colinf Newcomer, in training Posts: 43   +7

Razer sphex

paper thin,easy to clean and works perfect with my Mionix mouse
  7. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

Xtrac Ripper pads work really well for both my MX518 and Razor Mumba. so well that I ordered more of it.
  8. Trechie

Trechie Newcomer, in training

With a laser mouse, you don't need a mousepad. My mousepad is now my coaster for hot tea.
  9. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TechSpot Booster Posts: 304   +43

My trackball mice requires no mouse pad, bought my friend a rocketfish one for him to game on, he liked it, bought a Saitek cyborg one for a gaming mouse I have but never really use the mouse anymore.
  10. KbloodyK

KbloodyK TechSpot Member Posts: 24

I have a Logitech M505 wireless mouse, and my mousepad is an old tee-shirt sleeve.
  11. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TechSpot Booster Posts: 375   +64

I did a great deal of experimentation, trying to find a mouse pad that suits my particular gaming habits. In the end, I settled for the bare surface of my desk: it has just the right amount of grain and texture to support a precise aim when I need it; and is, at the same time, smooth enough to permit quick and steady turns.
    prismatics likes this.

12. Coodu

Coodu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

Current an old Goliathus mousemat, Speed I think? I haven't really worried about getting a new one since I swapped to using Mac/Playing less intense games that warrant a decent mousemat hehe.
  13. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 265   +77

Razor sphex..
  14. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 528   +75

Also a Razer Vespula user love it!
  15. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TechSpot Maniac Posts: 516   +95

I used to use Stay Free until that got too expensive then I just went to a generic brand.

Oh wait..you said mouse pad...
  16. MajorSpacecase

MajorSpacecase Newcomer, in training

I use an 18"x24" Quilters 'Teflon Pressing sheet' (cleans right up with a damp cloth) held down with binder clips with my MX518 mouse. Even at the lowest DPI setting, I can do a 720ยบ spin in no time, with room to spare. But I also have a 'Trackball' at my bedside for when I rotate my 22" monitor around to watch movies in bed.
  17. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TechSpot Maniac Posts: 387

Razer Goliathus Speed Edition :eek:
  18. killeriii

killeriii TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

Still using my MX1000 laser mouse I picked up 7 years ago. (only mouse that fits my hand without cramping) Thing works great on any surface. Surprisingly, the battery still holds a charge for weeks.
  19. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

I use exactly what pad Matthew uses.

A 3M "Precise Mousing Surface." It's a small footprint - 7 x 8.5 inches, very thin - 0.02 inches and has an adhesive back to mount to my desk so it never slides around. Has always provided optimal response for whatever laser mouse I've used. In fact, I was in an OfficeMax about 6 months ago when they were on sale and I bought 5 of them. So guess I'll be using them forever now. :)
  20. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 943   +94

Currently using a Corsair Vengeance MM200 Standard Gaming Mouse Mat.
  21. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,783   +639

Razer Goliathus Control Edition. Have a speed edition and a brushed aluminium plate also, but both tend to be a bit skittery with the Teflon mousefeet
  22. Im using speed stacks stackmat thats 34.5" 12.5" lol
  23. None, I got a Logitech Trackball.
  24. My couch is my mouse pad I sit on it with the mouse along side at butt/legs level and im gaming away

im using logitech g9x
  25. Porters

Porters TechSpot Member

XD you can tell where I'm from (if you know much about UK stereotypes) I have a freebie mat with an advert on it for 'www.bagandbale.com'

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.