Weekend Open Forum: What's on your Christmas wish list? Santa is a TechSpot regular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Christmas is now just around the corner. While you may have missed this year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, there are still a few short weeks to finish your shopping. While the holiday season is not just about gifts, to most of us it's about family and saying thank you, which takes us back to the gift thing.

In last week's WOF we asked you about your Black Friday experience and the awesome tech deals you found. Many of you took advantage of hard-to-pass bargains, buying goodies for yourself as well as friends and family.

This time around, we want to hear about all of the gizmos and gadgets you hope to find under the tree this year. Is there anything you desire most? Personally, I'm looking for a low-cost Blu-ray player with a few good movies to go along, and an iPod Touch or similar device to replace my current classic model that serves as a jukebox in my car.

It's also worth noting this will be the last post for our contest participants to partake in. Both of our current giveaways will officially close during the weekend. Good luck to everyone, and stay tuned for more giveaways.

Permalink to story.

I am hoping for a notebook. See, I am a photographer and my side business is just starting to take off. I need a full fledged notebook in order to (a) upload my pics whilst onsite at a customers to see and show what I have captured thusfar and (b) have enough horsepower in it to use Photoshop adequately.

But this is a pipe dream as this year has been hard economically for my family and I (and many others out there) so I will accept the usual socks, underwear and ties with a smile and say "perfect....that is exactly what I needed".

Thanks to you guys, I have my eyes on too much of next years tech to be chomping at the bit for Christmas, maybe if it were in Q2 '10 :)
I could put one of those Adata rugged drives to some good use though, maybe throw in a Paladin Tools pc repair kit. Come to think of it, I could probably throw in.....................:)

New monitor. Preferably 28", LED backlit (I wish). My two 22" LCD's are showing their age. Color reproduction is getting worse, regardless of setting and back lights are dimming. My magic8 ball says, "Outlook is Bleak", so I won't be getting my hopes up.

I would love to get a Zune HD or a new computer with a cpu better then pentinum 4 lol

I'm hoping for a new digital camera for my trip to Germany and a Zune HD 32gb.

That's about it :)

I have SO got to get started on my xmas shopping...

One of the new DX11 ATI video cards would be a real treat. :)

They're literally impossible to get right now.

I'm looking forward for a notebook, I've been thinking about the new macbook, an HP DV6 with the core i7 or a dell studio 15 also with the core i7 processor, they have similar price tag, but I don't know which to chose, any suggestions?

I also would like to get a projector, and a new ipod haha

I am looking for some components for the pc that I will be builing in the future. Small components that will last me a while. Things like a power supply...or the HAF case. I don't really want any of the other things since I am waiting for the new intel chips, usb 3.0, lower SDD prices amongst other interesting technology and/or price drops.

I always just ask for art stuff as gifts.

For a gift to myself though I'm thinking about picking up a Cintiq 21UX.

I want a really nice smart phone =)

I wouldn't mind an iPhone, but some of the HTC smartphones look really snazzy. Motorola's Droid looks awesome too.

After using dual monitors at my work I really want another monitor for my home PC. Either that or a small cheap netbook when I travel.

Or a new lens for my camera.

Decisions Decisions.

Not really hoping for anything specific this year, whatever I get will be fine with me.(Even if I get nothing.)

Little things like a new desk and shelf are on the way, as for more big budget items I'm stuck choosing between these three.

Computer upgrade: Phenom II X4 3.2 Ghz, 5870, Blueray drive, HD monitor, PSU. ~1200$

HD TV: 40-50 inch. 800$-1500$

New lens for my 50D: 15-85 IS USM ~800$

Its a hard pick :S it really depends on the kind of sales on boxing day at this point, whatever I can save the most on is what I will get ^^

A lonely 5870 would be nice to unwrap this year, but thats still alot to ask for. My PC upgrades are my own responsibility and sometimes is better that way. Other than that my computer is rather well equiped, and I really don't need much.

PS. I will be in the Carribean for two weeks starting on the 21st so Christmas will be rather uneventful.

i'm hoping for an unlocked nokia smartphone with wifi and a decent video card. one of the 5800 series would be nice to play on christmas but a 4770 is more than enough for my 19in monitor

I want a UMID M2. It's still not out, and even when it comes out I probably won't buy it immediately buy it, but I'd love to get it. The more I think about it, the more it looks like just the kind of device I need.

for me a brand new Desktop PC will be nice to found under Christmas tree and also a very cheap netbook but with incredible battery life, I am asking to much?

I'm converting all our family's old super 8 movies to dvd of my deceased relatives and giving my brother and my mother each a copy. Memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back