TechSpot

Weekend Open Forum: Your favorite music service?

By Jos
Sep 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple's iTunes is widely regarded as the service that spawned the legal music download industry. At a time when music piracy ran rampant on p2p networks, the platform served as…

Read the whole story

2. Hankhendrix

Hankhendrix TS Member Posts: 23   +6

Grooveshark is my last resort, after the demise of Dizzler.

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,526   +324

Well i'm always using iTunes if I find a song I like, but for finding music I use grooveshark, I used to use spotify when it first came out but all the ads and restrictions have become too annoying so grooveshark Is the way to go!

4. None of them. You find more music on Youtube. And it's free.

5. youtube ftw

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,526   +324

But YouTube is generally rubbish quality and takes up more bandwidth?

7. Burty117@
    Well, the quality varies yes, but you can change the quatity on most of them, but then again, the downside is it does takes more bandwith. but what can you expect? its free.

8. I use this superb service called 'The Pirate Bay' to try out new music, then buy the good stuff as mp3s.

I hadn't bought new music in 10 years before this site because of the cost/dross ratio.

The music industry must love all the free marketing, I wonder why I haven't seen any TV adverts for it yet?

9. Guest above@

Uhm, the News? articles here on Techspot? and btw, please don't mention pirating here, ok?

10. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

YouTube generally has all the interesting music, in my opinion. I tried Spotify, but it offered none of my favourite music :( - guess I'm just unlucky.

11. Lokalaskurar@

+1

12. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TS Enthusiast Posts: 127

"Music is wasteful and stupid."

-Patricia Tannis, Borderlands.

13. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Enthusiast Posts: 243   +11

14. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I use Pandora for random music, as far as specific stuff, I amassed quite a hoard back in the day, and can usually find what I need there.

15. The radio is my favorite music service :p

16. dedparrot

dedparrot TS Rookie Posts: 67

17. Spotify rocks :)

18. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,426   +117

That wooden box with a couple of dials in it, rocks big time though.

19. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Pandora does it wonderfully for me, Im happy with what comes on my channels :) Its like $40 a year for 192kbps and no ads. Grooveshark looks good and I've used it before, its cool because you can actually choose all the music you want to listen to and make a playlist. But Pandora I can put on a generally forget about it. Its convenient and provides a good variety and mix of music depending on what channel I throw on.

20. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,372   +407

Spotify for now...

21. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

22. GunsAblazin

GunsAblazin TS Rookie Posts: 75

Pandora is my favorite. I hate finding songs to listen to, or making playlists. Pandora does the work for me and it knows the songs I like even if I never heard it before.

23. As wasteful as your quote?

24. tunein.com internet radio. Always new always fresh with the latest in any genre.

25. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 910   +55

I still buy cd's.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.