Weekend tech reading: Diablo III coming in early February?

By Matthew
Jan 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Best Buy thinks Diablo 3 is coming out on February 1, 2012 Best Buy apparently believes Diablo 3 isn't far off from launch in North America, as a Rochester, Minnesota-based Twitter…

Read the whole story
  2. Apple starting to setup stores within another store?

What happened to "Apple Authorised" sellers....
  3. RH00D

RH00D TechSpot Booster Posts: 385   +96

I don't believe Diablo 3 will be released in February.

As a beta tester, they are currently on Patch 9. By comparison Starcraft 2 beta had about 18 patches. The game also doesn't feel nearly close to being ready for launch, especially for a Blizzard title. Bugs are still visible every time you play. The "remember account" checkbox at the login screen doesn't even work.

I'm sure they're just skipping over small issues like that to focus on the bigger bugs in the game, as that's a pretty quick fix. But if small issues like that aren't fixed, that would imply they are still working on bigger, worse, bugs. If that's true then they are absolutely not releasing in February.

There's nothing that leads me to believe it will be released in February, but multiple things that lead me to believe it won't. So that's the basis for why I'm saying it won't release in February.

Also, on the Diablo 3 forums, it was said by a Community Manager that the Diablo 3 team was taking time off for the break to spend with family over the holidays, etc. If they were releasing in February there is no way they would be taking that much time off. A February release is overall, simply unrealistic.
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Since all things Blizzard are delayed, I'm guessing they'll release it in December.
  5. sc2 was announced like 2 months before release so I expect d3 to follow suit
    treetosps
  6. if you actually did you research, you would in fact KNOW diablo 3 IS coming soon,

i just logged into battle.net after recovering my account for my cousin to play on, and it was one of the first things that showed up under "game accounts"
  7. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 629   +115

I don't know that that constitutes research but let's for a moment suppose it does. It still doesn't really provide any information such as a timetable or date or anything really that hasn't already been stated. Soon is a relative term whereas a date is very definite.
  8. I truly believe Diablo III will be released in 2013.

This year, we're going to have StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.

Maybe, Diablo III will be available for Holidays.

That's it guys, I'm sorry.

Cheers!
  9. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

Yo Dawg, we heard you liked stores...
  10. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

+1
  11. Taharial

Taharial Newcomer, in training

I'm pumped for Diablo III. The later it comes out, the better for me. I need to gather funds to upgrade my computer before I could fully appreciate the beauty of slaying countless demons on maximum settings. My current graphics card is barely above integrated.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.