Weekend tech reading: EVGA prepping dual socket LGA 1366 motherboard

By Matthew
Jan 2, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EVGA to unveil dual socket LGA 1366 motherboard at CES Keeping PC enthusiasts on their toes, EVGA has provided a peek at a new motherboard which it will present next week at CES 2010. As you can see below, EVGA has made a dual socket LGA 1366 board, one that's said to have all the bells and whistles of a Classified series product (overclocking feature galore) so to please extreme users. TC Magazine

Read the whole story
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,699   +586

I believe the dictionary example of "Excess" features a picture of the EVGA dual socket board running Gulftown's oc'ed. Should have the ubergeeks monitors' looking like a painter's radio in no time!
  3. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

that EVGA Mboard is quite impressive, but let's not be too overhype & wait if the softs need that kind of hardware.

i've been enjoying & leeching a lot on steam these days, bought 4 games already.

cheers!
  4. Software? omg no I want this for FSX to run smoothly. If it can run it with 2 cpus tagged up im all over it. I thought my problems went away with the new I7 I have overclocked to 4.5 but that can't even run it smoothly with everything cranked. FSX is so cpu hungry! I can't wait to see the benchmarks are on it.
  5. dividebyzero

1."need that kind of hardware"...what the hell's that got do to with anything
    2. Near impossible to overhype a EVGA mobo.
    3. Yes, quite impressive...will be even more impressive seeing ALL the board!
  6. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 990   +82

The deals on steam are really sweet. Now all i need is time to play everything i've bought.
  7. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Motherboard does look really nice! Can't really justify for myself at this point though.
  8. dividebyzero

Just saw the pic of the whole board....
    345mm x 330+mm size.....8+3 digital pwm power phase PER cpu, 7 PCIe x16 slots (how long before someone hooks up 4 HD5970's !) , 64 PCIe lanes via 2 NF200 chips.
    All you need is a power supply that can run it all ! ( 24 pin + 2 x 8pin EPS 12v + 6+2 pin PCIe)

This board isn't about surfing the net and playing Crysis any more than the Classified 200 boards are. This is purely an exercise in keeping EVGA's brand linked to the sharp end of extreme benchmarking and overclocking. In less than four years they have gone to silkscreening their logo on generic nVidia 650 Ultra and 680i SLI boards to designing their own mobo's that are on the must have list for the LN2 and phase change crowd.
    My next system build will be P55- EVGA FTW......Asus and Gigabyte can have their onboard USB3 and SATA 6Gb - I'll buy an add-in card.
  9. actionjksn

actionjksn Newcomer, in training

I have EVGA 780 i FTW. It is nothing but high quality, same goes for my EVGA GTX 275 video card. and yes it runs crysis pretty well. My next board will be an X58 classified. But not for another one or two years. I always wait for this stuff to get cheap.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.