TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: GTX 560 coming next year (rumor)

By Matthew
Nov 14, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Geforce GTX 560 comes next year has 384 shaders Geforce GTX 460 was Nvidia's life saver, and all reports are indicating that it has been selling well. Even AMD admitted that to its analists. This is the main reason why Nvidia won’t release a new GTX 560 until early next year. This is the card that is supposed to replace the GTX 460. The new card is based on GF114 chip, which is an improved GF104 with better clocks and all eight clusters enabled. Fudzilla

Read the whole story

2. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 551

May as well hold off on a Geforce GTX 460 purchase if we allready know what will replace and better it.

3. sMILEY4ever

sMILEY4ever TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

Well, something new is always going to be around the block.

4. BMfan

BMfan TS Guru Posts: 481   +49

I'm going to wait for the AMD 7000 series of cards.

5. alexandrionel

alexandrionel TS Rookie Posts: 94

I enjoyed reading the great cyberheist. I recommend it.

6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,414   +116

The great cyberheist history is amazing, I give 2 thumbs up to alexandrionel recommendation =)

7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,369   +405

Ditto on the cyberheist article. Very interesting...

8. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Agree. I thought it was amazing.

9. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

They certainly are cranking the cards out fast. My next build was going to use a GTX 460 but maybe I'll wait and see what the new card is like.

10. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Good THQ, I remember when DLC was touted as a force that would reduce high game cost which never came. Instead we have $60 dollar games with hidden DLC on disks that they expect us to pay for. And most of the time that DLC is unimpressive or map packs that the modding community could make over the weekend. I definitely hope to see game prices drop and quality DLC being released in the future.

11. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Fudzilla suggest a 15% - 20% increase in performance, so I'd imagine it being around a GTX 470 at stock and price wise around a 6870 likely with good OC potential. Of course I'm just speculating here :) .

12. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

i am with you here on this i remember when almost every game was $40 bucks for PC and $50 to $60 for consoles now everything has the same price thats bs imo. Also the 560 isnt really going to be that great imo when there are better cards out right now for the same money but hey a little increase in spec for the same price might be nice.

13. BMfan
    on November 14, 2010
    4:16 PM I'm going to wait for the AMD 7000 series of cards.

+1. With a 5850 clocked to 5870 speeds it will last till AMD's 7000 series is released in Q2 2011. Damn good cards those 5850's!

14. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

I took up my entire Monday morning (between phone calls of "did you turn it off and on? Is it plugged in?") reading the cyberheist. Very interesting, and very well written story. It actually hit home for me a bit. I was "robbed" of $3k back in 2005 through a cyber transaction that I did not do (I was in Iraq!). Luckily, the bank I went through covered the costs and returned it all to me. The story had me wondering if my card was one of the thousands breached...

15. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,590   +351

Like the article title says, the Yahoo timeline is brutal. We've all seen it happen, and Yahoo is still a huge dot com corporation, but the missed opportunities and the failed acquisitions are too much.

16. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

I hope THQ acts on the $40 games rather than just say they should be $40

17. "With a 5850 clocked to 5870 speeds it will last till AMD's 7000 series is released in Q2 2011. Damn good cards those 5850's!"

Same case here, the only reason to upgrade from a 5850 is to run crysis at more than 30 fps and crysis 2. I cant see another release comming than will use more hardware to run at 60 fps any game.

18. DSparil

DSparil TS Rookie Posts: 35

The good ol' debit card trick. Effective unless you can change your face.

560 is a given for next year. They'll just replace the 460 (that I just bought) again with something a bit better, has less heat, and consumes less power. If I continuously follow the video card releases, I'd be dead before I save up for the next big thing because there's always a "next big thing". I'd bet that this 560 that they're going to release has already been made many years back.

Business is business... and here I thought that technology is just progressing.

19. UT66

UT66 TS Rookie Posts: 144

I'm going to wait for great, innovative, modern, real pc games that push the envelope forward. ( with no shooting, senseless murdering, violence, and wars)

20. blimp01

blimp01 TS Enthusiast Posts: 157

I wonder if there will be a dual GPU card, like a GTX 595

21. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,094   +110

i just bought 2 new domains a few days ago. one is .ro and the other .com. i saw that godaddy was by default at .com but i also saw that the .com ones were really cheap (1-2$).

22. bioflex

bioflex TS Rookie Posts: 70

yep.....thats what i kinda thought too..... i just want all this dx 11 features to mature a bit more in games before i upgrade from my current high end gtx 295

23. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 737   +31

Bought a EVGA 460GTX EE clocked at 720mhz in EU. Very happy with the card. Crysis on full settings, extremely playable and compared to using my old ATI 4850pro - Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a brand new game.

Who needs Black Ops when you just got a new game as good as BC2? :p

They were always going to bring out a better card. I am not bothered - this one fits happily in my Dell Studio XPS and the fan is the right type to churn the air out the back instead of letting it fester in the case - the PCI-E slot in the lowest slot you see.

Good luck to anyone able to wait for the 560GTX. If its better than the 460 its going to be one hell of a good card.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.